Monday, August 28, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Wow, that movie kicked ass. I can't believe I waited this long to see it. Really top notch, just about as good as the first one. Johnny Depp knocks it out of the park. Saw the ending coming, but I expected it to be used in the last movie. Still surprising in its own way.

The FX were awesome. The monsters were crazy. The villain was the shit. Wonderful, absolutely goddamn wonderful.

Kiera Knightly has bad teeth I should add. Not horribly bad, but she's not helping British stereotypes.

Orlando Bloom must have demanded more screen time to do this movie. He was in it a lot.

Oh, and those fight scenes! I was knocked on my ass. Really, the three way sword fight in the wheel? Crazy! Made me dizzy though.

And the music. I loved the music. Top notch. Sounded familiar but it pumped me up. Totally loved it. Stayed through th credits to listen to it. I think I might have to buy the score some day.

I will say this once. Well, I'll say it a million times over my lifetime. Jerry Bruckheimer is the best action movie producer. Seriously, his action movies are always great. Him and Michael Bay made great stuff. Too bad it seems they split up, they made a great team. Gore Verbinski, however, was made to do these movies. I really oughtta hit up IMDB to see what else he's done cause I know he wasn't a no-name director coming into these films. Just awesome.

Can't wait for Until The End Of The World.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home