Saturday, December 23, 2006

Been a pretty good week

Got some work done around the house. Mowed the front yard so now it's all nice and short. Even managed to get the back done Thursday morning. I haven't done the back in forever! Looks good. Had to do all that cause I didn't want the brother-in-law coming, seeing the lawn, and then being compelled to cut it. Not that I have a problem with him cutting it, I just don't want him to see what bad shape his lawnmower is in.

The sister is home with the brother-in-law and the niece. The niece is very talkative. I am once again amazed that a small child is nothing at all like having a pet. Though speaking of pets the german shephard is jealous of her cause she's getting all the attention. The cat is also in a funk cause she hates the niece. The schnauzer couldn't give a flying fuck one way or the other.

Came in Thursday night and got a much larger bonus then I expected. $200 bucks! Holy shit! That was a huge surprise. Guess I'll have to go buy gifts now. Oh shit, but it's all so last minute. Hope I can still get some nice shit for them.

Oh, and I finally balanced my freakin checkbook today for the first time in like a month. Stupid Century Media, if they could give me accurate shipping costs on my orders right off the bat I would have been balanced a long time ago. Instead I just grabbed a statement from the bank listing my previous charges for the past...month, month and a half. It all jives nicely, thankfully.

So I'm trying to convince Ma to cook something good Sunday night. The brother wants prime rib but they're all going out to eat with Dad Monday afternoon and hell if I'm having cold leftovers for Christmas dinner! They can do prime rib another time, Sunday we're having a big, fat ham. It's just as well, Monday I plan on going to the movies to see The Good Shephard.

I really want to stop by Gotham tomorrow. I've been meaning to do it forever. Since it's Saturday I figure Andy will actually be there. Need to pick up that last issue of Action Comics as well. I hope he still has a copy.

Alright, back to "work."

3 Comments:

Blogger Juan said...

Wowzers! That's a fat bonus, Robert. I feel envy welling up inside of me. I only got 1/8th of that. You didn't mention anything about the office Christmas Party or gift exchange. Did you have one? Oh yeah, and the bit about the lawnmower just cracked me up.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Yeah, there was a gift exchange but I never do that. Haven't been to a single office party once :)!

3:41 AM  
Blogger Juan said...

Wow, you weren't kidding when you said you're anti-social. I'm so anti-social, I pretend to be part of the group so that the group will leave me alone. :)

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home