Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Comics Wednesday



DC Universe Last Will and Testament



Final Crisis: Rogue's Revenge #2



Nova #16



X-Force #6



X-Men: Legacy #215

Alas, JSA and Final Crisis: Superman Beyond are not part of the haul cause UPS dropped the ball and a package got sent...elsewhere. Fucking Bombay for all I know. But it is coming in Friday, so I should have them by then.

Reviews will be forthcoming but short. I'm training a new guy, my eventual replacement, Thursday and Friday nights. No time for reviews, unfortunately. I'm gonna try to get in as many as I can tonight.

Also, finished Old Man's War. Awesome book. Some minor quibbles, I don't think Scalzi really follows through on the concept that well. For a bunch of guys that were supposed to be 75 years old, they sure didn't act like it most of the time. That aside, it was a fantastic read. So awesome I finished it in a day and a half and went out and bought the second part.



The Ghost Brigades!

Almost as good as Old Man's War. New characters, some returning supporting characters. This books revolves around a guy who's sold out the dominant human empire for revenge, but the Army makes a clone of him and uses a leftover copy of his brain pattern to use in tracking him down. It's pretty cool. It's more like two stories in one, though the implications of the first story are pretty much forgotten about in the second half. I don't know, maybe the third book will answer them.

Scalzi is a pretty kick ass writer. His characters, while note quite acting their age, are all really interesting. Jane Sagan was probably my favorite. Very explosive introduction.

I'm gonna pick up the last book, The Last Colony this weekend. Can't wait.