Thursday, November 09, 2006

Right, time to ask for a raise

Okay, with the commie bastards in Congress, we can now all expect a minimum wage increase. They want $7.00 dollars. Damn, that's exactly how much I make. While I think once the politicking is done it will be less it won't be by much. It will come.

So, since the minimum wage is gonna go up that means cost of living goes up. I wouldn't be surprised to be paying $5.50 for a gallon of milk a few months after it passes. So, this means it's time to hit up my boss for a raise. I haven't gotten one in a long time so I think I can get what I want. It's been almost two years after all. The only reason I never hit him up was cause I was working two jobs and didn't really consider money much of an issue. Also I think he woulda brushed me off cause of that very fact. Well, since I intend to leave Super 8 after the new year, and cause I don't want to work two jobs for another 16 months, I guess now is as good a time as any. My boss might be taken slightly aback by the amount I'll ask for, but like I said I haven't gotten one from him in nearly two years. Seem more then fair that if you assume X amount on an annual basis then going two years without and asking X times 2 seems fairly reasonable.

Well, we'll see how it goes.

The major downside is I'll still be coming up short after the increase. I make $1.85 more than the minimum right now and after the increase, and assuming I get what I want, I sure as hell won't be making that much more. I'll still get screwed in the end cause my wage will have fallen far short of keeping up with the inflation. Fucking Democrats! Ya think they would know better but no, they gotta do whatever they can to score votes by sticking their nose up my ass. Party of the little guy my foot! I'm little and getting littler still cause of them!

Well, here's hoping they blow it in two years.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Juan said...

Good luck with that raise, Robert. Check your numbers though(audits); if business is in the black, you should be good to go.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Lady Vampy said...

LMAO How many times can you spell "raise" wrong in one post? If you do get one will you send me some cash? :D

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home