Monday, January 28, 2008

Alright already

So I've been reading.

Mostly comics, but I've been trying to get in a few books.

Reading Balkan Ghosts by Robert D. Kaplan.  Good shit.  Balkans are really interesting.  Confusing as all hell too.

Before that I read The One Percent Doctrine by Ron Suskind.  More good shit, but he makes George Tenet look like a flawless saint.  Dubya get's hammered a bit, but mostly he goes after Cheney and Rice.  Otherwise a very interesting look into the intelligence end of the GWOT.

Coming up I also got The Summer of 1787 by David O. Stewart and The Forgotten Man by Amity Shlaes.  Also, cause I figured why not, I picked 1776 by David McCullough while I was at Target today.  I've got much reading to do.

Reading.

With the words.

Sweeeeeeet!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Newit said...

1776 was pretty good. You realize how badly the revolution started for our side. Read McCollough's John Adams, though. There is a guy that is overlooked and, when noticed, mostly disdained. Completely unfair. He really represented a true patriotic nationalism that was quickly lost with the Jefferson-Madison-Monroe juggernaut.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home