Saturday, May 26, 2007

Comics from 5/23

X-Men #199 - I love Bachalo's art normally but it was hard to make out what was happening exactly. It's like Mike Carey and Bachalo aren't on the same page. I dunno. Also, even though the issue is presented as the end of a three part story the arc itself is part of a larger story and I've really not understood what's been going on. I'll keep reading it for a few more issues to see where it's going and if it makes any sense. I hope something good comes out of wherever the hell things are going and whatever the hell has been happening.

Captain America #26 - Finally the follow-up to the death of Captain America. It was okay. The art is good, but it's clear Steve Epting is tracing from other sources. Some facial expressions don't match well to what they should be expressing. Sharon Carter at one point almost reveals to Tony Stark that she killed Cap but when she realizes her mistake her expression is less, "Oh shit," and more like, "Oops, I just crapped my pants!"

Countdown #49 - More stuff! I liked it, but I can't for the life of me remember what happened. Not a good sign. Eh, it's 52 issues long and weekly, I'll figure it out. Oh, yeah, Black Adam is back. SWEET! And some shit with the Monitors and Jimmy Olsen is the next stretchy DC hero it seems.

And that was my haul for the week. Ten bucks, sheesh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home