Saturday, July 05, 2008

House of M

Finished it earlier this week.

Overall, I liked it, but there are a lot of unanswered questions left at the end.

Biggest one, where was Xavier after all?  I was just baffled by that since they never get to it.

As for Layla Miller, was she or was she not a creation of the Scarlet Witch?  That she wakes up in her own home, after everything has happened, with her mother yelling at her then I would say no even though the possibility is brought up by Doctor Strange.  Ditto with Magneto.  They hint at the possibility of Wanda bringing him back after being clearly decapitated at the end of Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men.  This, I thought, was a solid explanation, but I think the current explanation is different.  I'm not too up to date on this period of Marvel continuity, though, which is why I bought the book.

I suppose to get the answers I really want I'll end up buying a few other trades like Decimation and the like.  I think there's also an X-Men arc taking place during House of M drawn by Alan Davis.  Oh shit, guess now I'll just have to put that in my wish list, what a shame, what a shame.

Olivier Coipel's art was the absolute highlight of the story for me.  That alone made this whole thing worth it, whatever flaws the story might have had (which were plenty).

The story I think would rate 3.5/5 for me.  It's decent, had solid art and ends on a really shocking note even if I already knew it beforehand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home