Monday, June 30, 2008

House of M

So far, so good.  I've only read the first chapter but it seems alright.  Love Coipel's art.

Bendis' writing is...well enough.  His dialogue gets lightly tedious, but otherwise I appreciate his approach to the Marvel Universe.  He might take his sweet time getting anywhere, but in this large collection it works.  Flipping through the second chapter, it's all setting up the new world that the Scarlet Witch establishes.  If I had bought this on a monthly basis, I think I would have been hating it the entire time.

Did I mention I love Coipel's art?

On occasion he reminds me of Marc Silvestri, using harsh, jagged lines in barren and broken landscapes and cityscapes.  I dig that shit.  I don't know why, but his stuff on Thor hasn't stood out for me hardly.  It's like I'm seeing this guy's shit for the first time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home