Sunday, July 06, 2008

It's done

Called my boss and announced my intentions to leave at the end of August.  Told him I would give a rough date next week in which to expect my two weeks notice.

Big change, big honkin ass change.  I've had this job for nearly five years and it's not the kinda job one keeps for that long.  It's not a career job, and I need to move on to something where I have a half a chance in hell of moving upwards.  This job is pretty dead-end kinda stuff.  It's fun, I like it and all.  I get to putter around all night reading and blogging.  But I'm underpaid and in this economy what with pretty crazy inflation and all I need something else.  Hell, I saw HEB advertising a more menial job with a higher wage and a higher wage is not something I'm gonna be able to expect here.

I still got the part-time, which is good cause I'm not completely out of work and I'll be able to cover most of my expenses without dipping too much into my savings. 

So that's it.  I've been talking about this for months and I'm finally going through with it.  Well, a month later then originally intended, but this summer sucked more then we expected.  Steering problems, fridge problems, finally taking care of the dryer, the Church finally sprung for a new A/C unit.....well, actually, the new A/C unit might help defray some energy costs since it's not leaking air like the old one.  But things are, by and large, looking...weird.  I just gotta do what I can to make sure this isn't the dumbest thing I've ever done.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Newit said...

Congrats. Really, it is a step you must take at some point and prolonging the wait makes it worse.

So what's the plan?

9:37 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Regret, followed by denial, followed by bursts of frequent masturbation all while catching up on some reading.

Also updating my resume and putting out applications as well.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home