Saturday, September 02, 2006

The advantages of hotel work

So last week I found a bottle of chardonnay in housekeeping on one of the housekeeping carts. Great! I stick it in the fridge in the employee lounge to chill and then I forget about it. A week later, Friday morning to be specific, I remember it. It's still there! I figure it's been a week and no one has taken it so that means it's up for grabs. So I grab it on the way out and take it home.

Mind you, I didn't expect half a bottle to get anything remotely resembling drunk. Maybe it's cause it's been almost a year since I've had any alcohol at all. But wwwwoooooooowweeeeeeeee!!!!!!! That was the perfect level of inebriation. The level where you're happy and smiling and food tastes like 50 times better. I still woke up with a slight hangover but whatever.

I think I need to drink more often. My liver is still like new!

Speaking of drinking I hear Beerfest is damn funny. The trailers looked hysterical. I need to see it soon. But I have lots of shit I wanna see.

Damn, why do we need money again?

Oh, right, for alcohol.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

It's true, it's true.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Mr. Newit said...

Not drinking in a year? I knew you were just in a sleeper cell.

If it weren't for alcohol I wouldn't be able to make a fool out of myself at every party I attend. That may be my only redeeming quality - party entertainment.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

I sleep in a cell. Actually it's more box shaped really.

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home