Thursday, September 28, 2006

So good news...I think

So George's coworker at Super 8, the one who fills in for him when he's off, officially turned in her two weeks notice Tuesday. I dropped off my application Wednesday morning. Already he's telling me they're thinking about hiring me. Wow, that was fast! I think it's basically rumoured at this point because he heard it second hand from another coworker. Still, this is very sudden. I wasn't expecting to hear back for another few days and even then I was, am (I dunno), expecting an interview first. Unless they just don't want to bother with having to find someone to work two nights, or find someone who can do rotating shifts, then I guess I'm in. Cool, I think. Maybe I'll make more money there then I was at Best Western too. Hell, it is only two nights a week. Also I won't qualify for any pay raises.

The only other thing that worries me is the fact that the hotel is under new ownership. What I've heard about them has been relatively mixed. Bad, then good, then really bad. Now I understand everyone may be jumping ship. Oh dammit! Well, working two nights a week doesn't mean much insofar as dealing with the bosses. However, I made this assumption at the last part-time job and I got fucked big time. Cover my ass, pray for the best I guess. If they're really bad I don't imagine I'll last long there. I don't feel the urge to put up with bullshit just for the sake of a low paying job. Well, we'll see what happens.

I think that, unless I'm not contacted, I'll give them a call Monday and see what's up. I don't think I'd be starting for another week or so anyway, plenty of time to get a few things sorted. Get my lawn mowed cause it really needs it.

Also, it seems if everyone jumps ship, George might be offered front desk manager. Excellent! Well, he doesn't want it but I think it would be good. More responsibility, more pay.....it looks really good on a resume. He can do it for a while and then give it up later if he really doesn't like it. Plus he could work normal hours. Though I wonder if he would have to give up working here at the Hampton? I mean management would mean a certain amount of loyalty as well which means working at competing hotels is a conflict of interest. I could be over-inflating the position though. I would rather he stayed here part-time.

Well, interesting times ahead once again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home