Wednesday, September 20, 2006

More fun with Hot Pockets

Background!

First, Matt's blog.

Next, my old MySpace blog entry

Okay, so what have I learned?

I've learned that so far the philly steak and cheese sub is the best one. I've also had the meatball sub and the ham and cheese sub. Meatball is good and the ham and cheese is okay.

Most importantly is I've learned the importance of rotation. Rotate the damn sandwhich! Since that first experiment I've had exactly zero problems with cold spots. I microwave for two minute and thirty seconds and rotate exactly halfway through all while making sure the sandwhich is centered properly in the cooking sleeve and in the microwave. I've considered that maybe the philly cheese steak is harder to cook and more prone to cold spots but I won't know until I buy some more. I can tell you one thing for sure, those things are goddamn salty! No problems with over-saltiness with two of the other flavors.

Also, these subs are better microwaved. I decided to do one in the oven for the crispy bread and it wasn't as good. Surprisingly! Of course it was also my first go with the ham and cheese. Again, more experimentation is needed.

Overall, I'm actually quite pleased with these Hot Pockets subs. Sure, I don't need 'em and the money would be better used on something healthier like cigarettes or unprotected anal sex with George Michael in a p[ublic restroom but I actually kinda like 'em, overpriced as they are.

Plus they really help evacuate my bowels.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The meatball ones are by far my favorite.

My lame-ass work microwave has an auto-rotate tray.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Mr. Newit said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KmkAZCevgw&eurl=

I don't know if you have seen this but it is directly on point.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home