Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Damnable printer!

Okay, that printer pissed me off for the last time!

We all use the computer on the left side (behind of) of the desk as our primary computer. It's right there, it's convenient...it's our computer number one. Unfortunately this also means the most problems are gonna happen around this station. Or rather I should so with the printer. It does the most work so it'll eventually fuck up, you know how it goes.

For the past few weeks I've had to deal with at least one or two jams over the course of a night. Not a big deal, really, but over the last week I've had to deal with...with...well I don't have enough fingers and toes to count on. But it's been jamming a lot! The fucking thing! I've had it! Screw it, either I spend lots of time talking with tech support in hopes they send us a new one but deal with all sorts of troubleshooting bullshit that gets me nowhere or I do the next best thing and switch it out with the printer used the least. That's right, pull the little bastard out, unplug here and there, and one switcheroo later I have a brand new printer up front. Sweet!

I did put them side to side and make a few comparisons though. There were a few bits and bobs that seemed out of placed in the back so I reattached them. A couple of small springs were missing from the shit printer. I have no idea what they do, but I don't imagine they were absolutely essential. Well, hopefully the shit printer will be fine in the back. Hell, if it's used more often then I think I guess they'll just have to call tech support and replace it. I'll let them deal with it.

But what kills me is that these printers were part of a systems upgrade we got in May. Upgrade. Jesus, these printers have felt like a downgrade since we got 'em. The printers were used to have were fine and dandy and worked wonderfully. Had some problems in the beginning with them but after a while they worked flawlessly. These are just big and ugly and take up too much space.

Ah well, could be worse I suppose. We could be perpetually out of ink and paper like we used to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home