Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My niece's birthday present

Okay, I think I finally know what I can get her.

It's not something that can be appreciated by a two year old though.

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH!

Fuck yes! I've always loved the movie The Secret of NIMH. Exquisite animation from Don Bluth and great story. However, I always forget it's based on a book. Well, technically, my niece isn't old enough for either. The movie she would mostly ignore. Ditto on the book. I figure my sister can read it to her. Also the kid'll have to learn to read sometime soon. I'm not wanting to get her some dumb Playschool nonsense. What a waste. Now The Secret of NIMH, well, that's a classic! It can be appreciated for years and years.

Damn, I am an awesome uncle. Just ignore the fact that my niece's birthday was something like ten days ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home