Saturday, March 01, 2008

Wine part ah fuck it

Well, red wines definitely agree with me.  White wines less so.  The sauvignon blanc was good, but I just have no real taste for it.  Though I did spend the morning drinking half the bottle determining what temperature (roughly) it's best at.  I think I have been drinking it too cold.  And I'll tell you what, it all tastes much better after work.

So I think when I go to the store I'm gonna pick me up this cheap bottle of Burgundy I saw.  It doesn't say much else, so for all I know it's cheap imported bum wine but what the hell.  As for white...well, I'm debating whether I should or not.  I can go for a pinot grigio I suppose.  Alternatively, I can just start sticking to reds and get a shiraz or syrah.  I haven't decided, but I am getting kind of impatient with the whites.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Newit said...

Assuming you are going to stick with the low-brow wine thing (beer, my son, is the light and the way - think of it as the Obama of drinks), then you should try http://www.drfrankwines.com/

Dr. Frank was hardcore. His winery has a ton of different varieties, most of which you can only purchase there. When the Bordeaux region (I think it was there) had a pestilence that killed all of the vines, the good doc came up with a hybrid that was resistant.

Another story is from when my parents were first married. They went up there for a tasting and he asked them how long they had been together. He then tailored the tasting to that time. He would not sell them the Cabernet. "Come back in twenty years."

I love crazy ass old guys like that.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Oh, I like crazies too. Crazies who don't list the cost of shipping, however...damn.

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home